Sunday, August 3, 2008

Some important tools

These are just a few of my most used tools in the kitchen...

1. A good knife. Yesterday I just got a new Calphalon Santoku knife, it's fantastic. I know they can be expensive, but it makes prep so much better. Trust me.

2. A good non-stick skillet. I have a set of really good non-stick pans, and I use my 10 inch skillet probably five times as much as the rest. Eggs don't stick, neither does anything else. It's beautiful.

3. A rice cooker. Yes, I bought one, and it works with brown rice! I have finally conquered the art of cooking rice! Plus I intend to use it as a steamer at some point in the near future.

4. A salad spinner. This always seemed a little silly to me, until I got one. Brian and I like to eat salad, but with only two of us it would always go bad before we could finish it. Then I got my spinner, and now we can have salad again! Hooray!

5. A pasta pot. I would eat pasta every day if Brian didn't get bored with it so easily. Plus, I would probably get really fat. But still we have it pretty often, and the pasta pot is fantastic. It also works really well for potatoes, too.

No comments: