Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Easy Way to Chop an Onion

Chopping an onion can seem like a difficult thing. It's got that slippery papery skin and it slides around and it smells funny. And a whole lot of recipes called for chopped onions, so I think it's something that everyone needs to learn to do the least amount of difficulty. So here's my easy way to chop an onion.

1. Get a sharp knife. A dull knife is a dangerous knife. Cut the ends off of the onion.


2. Cut the onion in half.


3. Peel the paper skin off the onion, lay it on its flat side, and slice the onion. Be sure to keep the slices together, so that you can easily turn the group of slices sideways and slice again, resulting in a chopped onion. Good luck!

2 comments:

Sadie said...

So, can you tell me how to keep my hands from stinking like onions for the next 4 days?

Also, I love your name.

Audrey said...

Thanks! I don't have a solution for that -- some people say lemon juice works, but it never has for me. Sometimes even my hair ends up smelling like onions. I just try to touch them as little as possible.